We have developed a number of sensor modules that address some of the most common issues facing farmers today:
- Farm security
- A gate open/closed detector that provides an email and/or SMS alert on the gate opening.
- A passive infrared (PIR) motion detector that provides an email and/or SMS alert on motion detected.
- Water for stock or irrigation
- A tank or trough level detector that provides an email and/or SMS alert on low water level.
- Asset GPS tracking
- A solar powered tracker module that provides a continuous position update for a mobile asset (e.g. tractor) to an online map and an email and/or SMS alert if the asset leaves the property.
Our technology uses a long-range wireless system known as LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide Area Network), it is a network protocol based on a new wireless technology to communicate up to 15 km in outdoor locations. This technology allows for a low cost way to collect and display remote data. The protocol is a global standard, it is encrypted and highly secure. You can find out more about this technology here: https://www.lora-alliance.org/what-is-loraYou will need reliable mobile phone network coverage over some part of your farm for our system to be viable.
Mote Net is currently focused at delivery of its Smart Farm System to WA farmers.
We also have diverse skills in other applications for LoRaWAN wireless communication, including sensor development, gateway design, LoRa middleware, backend and website development.
Please contact us if you have a relevant application that our skills might be you able to assist you with.