We are developing and trialling a number of easily installed sensor modules that address some of the most common issues facing farmers today:
- Farm security
- A gate open/closed detector that provides an email and/or SMS alert on the gate opening.
- A passive infrared (PIR) motion detector that provides an email and/or SMS alert on motion detected.
- Water for stock or irrigation
- A tank or trough level detector that provides an email and/or SMS alert on low water level.
- Livestock GPS tracking
- A solar powered collar tracker that provides a continuous animal position update to an online map and an email and/or SMS alert if the animal leaves a paddock or the property.
- Asset GPS tracking
- A solar powered tracker module that provides a continuous position update for a mobile asset (e.g. tractor) to an online map and an email and/or SMS alert if the asset leaves the property.
We will in future be adding to our set of sensors. If you would like to address a specific problem that you have, please contact us to discuss.
Our technology uses a long-range wireless system known as LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide Area Network), it is a network protocol based on a new wireless technology to communicate up to 15 km in outdoor locations. This technology allows for a low cost way to collect and display remote data. The protocol is a global standard, it is encrypted and highly secure. You can find out more about this technology here: https://www.lora-alliance.org/what-is-loraYou will need mobile phone network coverage at least over some part of your farm for our system to be viable.
Mote Net can provide the following services in a flexible, cost-effective and responsive way:
- Supply of equipment for self-installation and setup (with set-up instructions and remote support).
- On-farm installation and commissioning.
- On-farm support and maintenance.
- Customisation of the Farm Dashboard and other web-based information (as required).
- Ongoing data storage, analytics and reporting, with the ability to download or convert data formats.
Please contact us if you would like to learn more about the system and our development progress. We are seeking interested farmers close to Perth to help us test our system and prototypes.