Livestock GPS Tracking
We are testing and trialing a Livestock GPS Tracking system. This system shall allow real time tracking of livestock location, movement and behaviour, allowing farmers to remotely monitor their animals in real time.
We have software tools that allow alerts to be generated to warn the farmers when animals are outside a permitted zone or their movement is in a pre-defined pattern.
Each tracked animal will carry a small wireless GPS tracker module in a collar around its neck.
Our technology uses a long-range wireless system known as LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide Area Network), it is a network protocol based on a new wireless technology to communicate up to 15 km in outdoor locations. This technology allows for a low cost telemetry of data and control. The protocol is a global standard, it is encrypted and highly secure. You can find out more about this technology here: https://www.lora-alliance.org/what-is-lora
In addition to the Livestock GPS Tracking system described above, we provide the following applications for our LoRaWAN based telemetry system in the agriculture sector.
- Monitoring and graphing of animal weights.
- Monitoring, graphing and alerts for animal or barn/shed/greenhouse temperature.
- GPS Tracking of farm vehicles.
- Monitoring and alerts for dam or trough levels or water quality.
- Monitoring and alerts for water temperatures, salinity, TDS, opacity, pH, ORP for aquaculture applications.
- Monitoring of windmill rotation.
- Monitoring of soil moisture.
- Detection and alerts for gate position (open/closed).
- Remote control of gates (manual or automatic).
- Remote activation of feed or supplement dispensers.
- Automatic bush fire (smoke and/or flame) detection and automated alert generation (sms or email).
Contact us for a demonstration or to discuss these potential applications.
Mote Net can provide the following services in a flexible, cost effective and responsive way.
• System evaluation, scoping, conceptual designs.
• Detailed design, implementation and commissioning.
• Site support and maintenance.
• Ongoing data management, visualisation development and data reporting.