Livestock GPS Tracking
We are developing and trialling a Livestock GPS Tracking system to suit broadacre cattle grazing operations. This system allows:
- Real time tracking of livestock location, movement and behaviour.
- Past position, track and distance travelled information to be quickly reviewed to identify sick, lame or injured animals.
- Alerts to be generated (SMS and/or email) to warn farmers when animals are outside a virtual zone, easily set by the farmer.
Our technology uses a long-range wireless system known as LoRaWAN (Long Range Wide Area Network), it is a network protocol based on a new wireless technology to communicate up to 15 km in outdoor locations. This technology allows for a low cost way to collect and display remote data. The protocol is a global standard, it is encrypted and highly secure. You can find out more about this technology here: https://www.lora-alliance.org/what-is-lora
In addition to the Livestock GPS Tracking system described above, we can provide the following time-saving farming applications. All are based on the same LoRaWAN wireless data collection system used for livestock tracking.
- Monitoring and graphing of animal weights.
- Monitoring, graphing and alerts for animal or barn/shed/greenhouse temperature.
- GPS Tracking of farm vehicles.
- Monitoring and alerts for dam or trough levels or water quality.
- Monitoring and alerts for water temperatures, salinity, TDS, opacity, pH, ORP for aquaculture applications.
- Monitoring of windmill rotation.
- Monitoring of soil moisture.
- Detection and alerts for gate position (open/closed).
- Automatic bush fire (smoke and/or flame) detection and automated alert generation (sms or email).
Contact us for a demonstration or to discuss these potential applications.
Mote Net can provide the following services in a flexible, cost effective and responsive way.
• System evaluation, scoping, conceptual designs.
• Detailed design, implementation and commissioning.
• Site support and maintenance.
• Ongoing data management, visualisation development and data reporting.